Dear Valued Patient,
We hope you and your family have been in good health. As our community changes, one thing remains constant in our practice: our commitment to your safety and oral health. Over the years our infection control has always been a top priority for our patients and staff. We are at another junction for change, and we will be following the CDC and the Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners guidelines for continued infection control excellence.
There will be some noticeable changes as you arrive for your appointments. It will be required for you to wear a face covering while in our office.
● Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some Covid-19 risk screening questions. You will be asked the same questions again when you are in the office.
● If you should develop flu type symptoms, a fever, cough, or sore throat before your appointment day, please call us to reschedule. We have infrared thermometers to check all patients and staff daily. As more screening techniques become available and recommended, we will add them to our list.
● We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. Hand hygiene is important for all of us. We have made changes around the office and treatment rooms to make sanitizing easier and more effective. The waiting room will no longer have magazines, children’s toys, and games as they are harder to disinfect. Several times a day we will routinely clean common areas.
● Do not bring extra people with you to your appointment. For safety, we would like to refrain from having extra people in the treatment rooms. Exceptions will be allowed at times for younger children and adults that need assistance.
● We will be allowing extra time between patients to reduce waiting times and to reduce the number of patients in the reception area.
● As we ease into our schedule of routine dental treatment, there may be fewer options for you as we try to manage social distancing. We have had to change many appointments over the last two months. We will try our best to be accommodating, but our flexibility may be difficult for the next 6 months. Thank you for understanding.
We look forward to seeing you and will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, other patients, and our staff safe. Thank you for your trust, loyalty, and confidence and we look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Marc Nuger, D.D.S.
Ben Sircus, D.D.S.
Christine Hoang, D.D.S.
and the Maryland Family Dentistry Staff