Few of us are born with sets of teeth that are perfectly aligned, shaped, and spaced. But orthodontic treatment isn’t the only answer to teeth that aren’t exactly where they’re supposed to be. Dental veneers resolve this and other aesthetic flaws:
- Stained teeth that resist whitening
- Sensitive teeth
- Exposed tooth roots
- Misshapen teeth
- Too short or worn teeth
- Improperly angled teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Cracked or chipped teeth
Full sets of veneers on upper and lower teeth will create an entirely new smile. And that smile will be exactly as you wish it to be – we’ll be able to take every one of your preferences into consideration when planning your veneers. Because these restorations are thin, versatile, and beautiful, your new smile will be easily planned and executed.
Choosing Porcelain Veneers
“Are porcelain veneers the ideal choice for my smile?” Patients often wonder how to tell whether they’re pursuing the right cosmetic treatment. Our skilled dentists will work alongside you to help you make your decision, and lay out the potential results for treatment with veneers, bonding, or crowns. But there are a few instances in which veneers are typically the right choice. These include:
- Patients making changes to the front teeth
- Patients hoping for impressive changes without serious tooth reduction
- Patients seeking the most natural-looking dental restorations
Porcelain veneers are thin, natural in appearance, and durable. They are right for teeth that play a big role in your smile, teeth that you want to change without making them appear false or worked-on. And because veneers are thin, you’ll need only minor tooth preparation in order for veneers to fit over your teeth. This makes even drastic changes possible without substantial tooth reduction.
The Veneer Procedure
Veneers will be placed over the course of two appointments, after you decide on veneers through a consultation.
- You will visit our office to have your teeth prepared for veneers. We will give you anesthesia if the procedure is likely to make you feel any discomfort.
- We will take impressions of the prepared area to provide a model for veneer fabrication.
- You will receive temporary veneers so that your smile remains intact
- Our dental lab will make the veneers and send them back to Maryland Family Dentistry.
- You’ll return to our office and we will bond your veneers in place, making any necessary final adjustments to ensure they fit with your smile – both physically and aesthetically.
Please contact our office to discuss veneers further – we’d love to show you some of the things veneers have done for patients in the past.